Thursday, January 29, 2009

Felton Out at Georgia

Bookmark
Looks like Damon Evans is a fan of me and Dirty South Sports. He must have taken what I said to heart. Just kidding.

Evans did, however, fire Dennis Felton after a brutal 83-57 loss to Florida. Look two posts down and I'll say I told you so. This decision came after the fifth consecutive conference loss. The team is now 9 - 11, winless in the SEC, and the only coachless team. Georgia will have to pay Felton 1.5 million to say goodbye, but that clearly had no bearing on the athletic association's decision to fire him. My opinion, Felton conceded when he went to the inauguration with his team riding a four game losing streak. He tapped out and he should be fired.
Coach Pete Herrman will coach the team for the remainder of the season, then a new coach will be named. Barring a miracle season and trip to the postseason, Herrman will leave at the end of the season. Let's hope the next coach is better. I think UGA is ready to spend a ton of money on the upcoming basketball coach. We will see.

1 comments. Leave Your Own!:

WRudolph said...

Bob Knight?

Post a Comment