Thursday, January 1, 2009

CHOKE! LSU pummels Jackets, but not all so sad

Bookmark
I was there, I saw it. It was bad. Very bad. Even though I wanted to write a long thing about it, I can't. I'm just too sad. I know you will understand. The moral is that the Jackets lost 38-3, with 35 points coming in the first half (some kind of defense huh?). To be fair, there were two dropped touchdown passes in the first quarter and some iffy coaching calls. It was over after the fumble on the punt and the turnover on downs at mid-field, plus a lot of other reasons. Either way, it happened. It is not all that bad, even though it was one of the most painful games I ever attended, and I've been to Ivy League football games (talk about bad football).

It was a sad end to a really incredible season. Hey we beat Georgia. We beat Georgia (can't say that enough). They did lose this game, but I think something decent will come out of this. GT has shown itself to be the premiere option offense, and, even though they lost, the national publicity will do the program a lot of good. This team will get better, and people out in Athens and the rest of the ACC should be nervous. The Jackets are back, it will just take more than one year.

(image from the Atlanta Business Chronicle)

0 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Post a Comment