Friday, January 23, 2009

Chipper: As Productive at 40 As Right Now

Bookmark
We have more words from Chipper courtesy of beat writer Mark Bowman over at atlantabraves.com.
"I lump myself into the category of being the John Smoltz-type of athlete," Jones said. "When I'm done playing, I'm not going to bulk up to 250 pounds. I work out and do stuff to keep myself in shape year round. I think I'm going to be as productive at 40 as I am now. You're not going to be as spry in the legs as you were when you were 25, but you can still be productive."

This is why Chipper, and Smoltz, are so important to the Braves. They believe in themselves and how they can contribute. I really hope Chip can be that productive at 40 (75 RBI, 22 HR, .364 AVG while hurt most of the year). It may be, as sad as it is, at one point Chipper will have to move on. It will be sad, and a little wierd. Sure was wierd with Smoltz, but let it be known, Chipper "wants to be Brave."

0 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Post a Comment