Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Arizona Cardinals Win First Ever Superbowl!

Bookmark

Well...not yet at least...

I am in no way an Arizona Cardinals fan...at all. However, this Superbowl Sunday I will stand firmly behind the underdogs from the desert. I am backing the Cards for three primary reasons.
  • Make the Falcons look better for their Wildcard loss
  • Keep the NFC Superbowl win streak moving
  • The cartoon character that is...Larry Fitzgerald
One of the most exciting offenses versus the leagues best defense...this game is shaping up to be very interesting. Before the NFC championship I made a prediction that Fitz would be able to run around at will in the Philly secondary...which was pretty bold considering who is back there. Either the Eagles defense fell asleep or Fitz is just that good. I am leaning towards the fact that Fitz is just that good...and he is going to do it again this weekend on the Steelers secondary. Now that being said I don't think it will be nearly as easy. Any team worth its salt would be preapring like crazy after seeing his post season performances thus far. I predict Fitz will still get loose, but take away one of those TDs (hell...I would take 2 Touchdowns vs the Steelers Defense). Check out the rest of my Superbowl predictions below. 100 points to me for each one I get correct.

  • The Arizona Cardinals will win the Superbowl
  • Larry Fitzgerald will have 2 touchdowns
  • Kurt Warner will win the MVP
  • Kurt Warner will throw for 300+ yards
  • Big Ben will throw at least 1 interception
  • Willie Parker will gain over 100 yards
  • Edge will run for less than 80 yards
  • Polamalu will have 1 interception
  • James Harrison will sack warner twice
  • Final score will be 35-24
Let me know YOUR predictions.

1 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Scott said...

Steelers win 26-23.

Polamalu gets two picks, throws for one touchdown, kicks two field goals and blocks a punt.

Fitzgerald catches two touchdowns, causes a fumble, sacks Roethlisberger, rushes for 120 yards, and returns a missed field goal back to the endzone.

Boldin catches two passes, for 18 yards total.

Hines Ward plays and catches every single pass from Big Ben, 13 catches for 186 yards.

200 points for every one i get right!

Post a Comment