Monday, January 12, 2009

Color Me Confused-AFC/NFC Championships Set

Bookmark

Well I never would have been able to predict this, Philly has to go into....ARIZONA....in order to win the NFC. The AFC at least makes a bit more sense, two teams with insane defenses, Pittsburgh and Baltimore, will faceoff next weekend for the AFC title. When I first thought about it, I thought, whoever wins the NFC is going to be crushed by whoever comes out of the AFC. Then I remember, Philly actually is good, they have a defense and their offense seems to have gotten their head on straight from their mid-season collapse. Arizona on the other hand still confuses me...how...I mean what....where did....I just don't know. They were like a Big 12 team with all that fire power down the field and a defense that was lacking. Two straight weeks of stopping up the leagues second leading rusher in Michael "the burner" Turner and then the two headed demon of Williams and Stewart. I always knew that Fitz and Bolden were two of the best receivers in the NFL, but I never expected the WHOLE team to come together after the way the season ended.

For anyone who saw my earlier playoff predictions when I said that it was going to be the Falcons over the Jets, I sure hope you didn't place any bets...cause your gonna be losin some fingers. My new prediction out of shear confusion and curiosity is this, more upsets. Baltimore will go into Pittsburgh and the Ravens D will outplay the Pittsburgh D, leaving it to the Quarterbacks. Rookie Joe Flacco will out duel Big Ben with a final score of 17-14 Baltimore. One defensive touchdown per team.

As for the NFC, I am going to have to take the Cardinals simply because I want the team that took out the Falcons to prove that it was not just a fluke and we were beaten by an actual good team. One more week the Cardinals will step up and show surprisngly good defense keeping Westbrook to under 100 yards and picking off McNabb twice. Fitz will run all around the Philly secondary at will causing havok and eventually leading to a bruising late hit out of bounds by Brian Dawkins giving the Cards the ball on the Philly 5 yd line with under five minutes to go in the game. The Cards will win this game 35-20 and head on to the Superbowl.

Or how about this, the ridiculous saftey call against the Falcons from Wildcard weekend is reviewed, and ruled that it was wrong and Turner would have scored a touchdown, eventually leading to a Falcons win. By virtue of how bad the Panthers are the Falcons are given the win over them from this past weekend, and Philly has to come to Atlanta for the NFC Championship. It's possible...

Superbowl pick will come shortly after Championship weekend so stay tuned.

1 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Scott said...

Steelers v. Eagles. Its the matchup everyone (read: the media) wants. Its the most logical matchup, they're the two best teams left I think. But look at these two.. McNabb has a chip on his shoulder to exceed Philly fans' expectations. And that chip - its ruffled. The Eagles have shown that even if Westbrook can't run the ball, they can still win. I mean he catches the ball half the time anyway. Their secondary is easily the best the Cardinals have faced yet in the postseason. Unless Boldin returns from injury, you just know the Philly D won't sit back and let Fitz run around on single coverage catching any ball he wants and racking up 150+ yards again. Aint gonna happen. If the Cards wanna win, they need to continue running the ball, keep rushing the passer and stopping the run, and hope that they can get a takeaway or two. I'll take Philly.

And I'll take the Steelers just because any problems I had with that team (too many sacks allowed, Big Ben was shaky, they couldn't score) were all answered this week. If they're on all cylinders this weekend, Baltimore could get pounded in the Steel City.

PA SUPER BOWL WHAT WHAT

Post a Comment