Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bringing a Knife To the Bedroom, slightly off topic humor in the sports world

Bookmark

I posted this at my own blog, but thought it appropriate for here as well. Simply funny things are happening with Derick Rose of the Bulls. Not really a southern sports topic, but when funny stuff happens, no matter where you live, or who you cheer for, it is still funny.


Derrick Rose, star rookie of the Chicago Bulls, recently had to go to the emergency room to get 10 stitches on his arm. That is just part of it. According to yahoo sports, the story Rose tells is what gets me.

"It was a silly incident," Rose said. "I was cutting up some food and I laid on a knife getting lazy in bed. I went to go get a bottle of water, came back, forgot the knife was there, then sat down and sliced my arm."

I have to say, that is so ridiculous it might even be true, but I really can't believe it. He has to be coverings something up. Like he was in the club, and he saw someone shoot themselves in the leg, then he went to get a bottle of water and cut himself on a champagne glass. Those are the kind of stories we are used to hearing these days from athletes, but not I was cutting an apple (the food has been reported to be an apple) and rolled over onto a knife. That is just so tame.

Come on Rose give us drama ... or maybe the drama is yet to come.

(link)

0 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Post a Comment