Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cycle, Cycle, Cycle!!!!

Bookmark
Last week I was stymied in fantasy baseball, not by my own choices, but by a single player, Ian Kinsler. Let's take a peak at the stats as they relate to my fantasy league:

9 R 6 RBI 6 SB 3 BB 4 K .556 AVG 1.600 OPS

His numbers alone were the cause of my demise. More so, he hit for the f*ing cycle. That happened on monday or tuesday (i forget), then on friday, Jason Kubel of the Mariners hit for the cycle, topping it off with a game winning grand slam homer. Then, on the following monday Orlando Hudson hit for the cycle. In a 7 day span that is 3 cycles. Something that is a pretty rare occurance, 2 or 3 times a season, has now occurred so close togeather. Does this mean that there won't be any more cycles? Maybe, I hope not.

Kubel and Kinsler were the fifth pair of players to hit for the cycle in a 3 day span. Then Kubel and Hudson became the sixth. And, I bet this is the first time 3 cycles occured in this time period (didn't do the reasearch, so don't quote me). Thank goodness I only had to play Kinsler in fantasy, and I pitty the openent who had to face all three. 

On the homefront, if the Braves could get a few cycles, looking at you Kelly (you've been so close), maybe we would start a winning streak and stop loosing to the pirates (and the 'Natinels'). 

0 comments. Leave Your Own!:

Post a Comment